Avoid getting robbed on holiday. Some tips courtesy of https://cherrylsblog.com/2016/12/17/avoid-getting-robbed-on-holiday-thrives-robbery-security-travel-hotels/
In addition to Being a Chameleon Abroad here are a few tips to help you avoid being a victim of theft on holiday (and at home):
- If you must take expensive items out with you, try to make them appear broken or damaged. Stick some tape around parts of your gadgets, (e.g. parcel tape on your iPad).
- If you are in very unfamiliar territory, where gadgets are not the norm, just stick with your phone.
- Only use cash points (ATM’s) inside banks.
- Don’t keep all your cash (notes) in one place, spread it between different pockets or zips or whatever so you don’t look too ‘rich’ when counting money out to pay for things.
- Leave valuable jewellery at home.
- In hotels, hang your clothes in clothes carriers to avoid prying housekeeping eyes.
- Don’t draw attention to where you’ve hidden valuable items by…
View original post 328 more words