Passion fruit tiramisu recipe made with mascarpone, ladyfingers, eggs, sugar, rum and passion fruit.
- 3 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ tbs rum
- 450 g mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups of passion fruit concentrate or pure passion fruit juice, made from about 8-10 large passion fruits
- 2 packs of ladyfingers
- Fresh passion fruit pulp (with seeds) for topping, from about 2-4 passion fruits
- In a medium size bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and rum until foamy.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until they become fluffy and stiff.
- Add the mascarpone cheese to the egg whites; use a spoon to gently fold in the mascarpone.
- Use a spoon to gently stir in the egg yolk and sugar mix.
- Dip each ladyfinger into the passion fruit concentrate until well moistened but not soggy. 6. Place the passion fruit dipped ladyfingers in a square or rectangle serving dish until you have a full layer of ladyfingers – if needed cut some of them in half or to the right size so that the entire bottom of the dish is covered.
- Cover the passion fruit dipped ladyfingers with the mascarpone mixture cream and some fresh passion fruit pulp (if you have enough fresh fruit – if not save for the topping).
- Top with another layer of passion fruit dipped ladyfingers.
- Finish with a final layer of mascarpone mixture.
- Refrigerate the tiramisu for at least 6 hours, overnight is ideal.
- Spoon the fresh passion fruit pulp over the tiramisu right before serving.